Posted on July 5, 2019
We are glad to announce the release of the new JxBrowser 6.24!
In this update we extended the public API with the new features you have been asking for the most and fixed a lot of reported issues.
Please note that this update is the last minor update of JxBrowser 6 that extends the public API with the new functionality. All the new features, Chromium upgrades, support of the new operating systems and JDKs, different enhancements, etc. will be applied on top of the latest (mainstream) version. The current mainstream version is 7.0. We strongly recommend that you upgrade your projects that use JxBrowser to the latest JxBrowser version.
JxBrowser 6 will be supported by the end of 2019. Please check the FAQ section in our “Migrating from 6.x to 7.0” guide.
Features & Improvements
--hide-scrollbarsswitcher that allows hiding scroll bars on the web pages.
--disable-touch-menuswitcher that blocks the touch popup menu on Windows.
--autoplay-policy=no-user-gesture-requiredswitcher that allows enabling autoplay on the web pages. By default, autoplay is disabled.
DOMElement DOMAttributeNode.getOwnerElement()method that allows getting the
DOMElementnode this attribute is attached to.
List<Certificate> CertificateVerifyParams.getIntermediateCertificates()method that allows getting the intermediate certificate list retrieved from the server that can be used to reconstruct and verify the complete certificate chain.
LoadParams.isMainFrame()method that allows you to know if it’s a main frame initiated this load request.
BoundsListenerinterface that allows handling requests to resize/move browser window through the
Other features and improvements
- Support of internationalization (i18n) when browsing local file system.
- Prevent the
XPathResultobjects from being garbage collected while it is used in Java code.
- Avoid the bug in JDK with the “java.io.IOException: error=26, Text file busy” error on extracting binaries on Linux.
- Include the information about the product details such as version, copyright, product name, etc. to the JxBrowser binaries details on Windows platform.
- Improve security by disabling functionality that allows ignoring SSL certificate errors and loading HTTPS web pages with invalid SSL certificates by default. Now, such web pages will not be loaded by default and you will get an error page complaining about invalid SSL certificate.
- Thread leak during converting a massive number of HTML documents to PDF. The “Printing_Worker” threads are being leaked for each
Browser.print()call and eventually, the program fails.
- Thread deadlock when setting custom protocol handler from
- The scaling issue on Windows 10 with a multi-screen setup with different scaling factors (e.g. 100% and 125%) after upgrading to Chromium 69.
- PDF Viewer is opened in the whole view instead of opening in an
IFRAMEwhere the PDF document is embedded.
- Black flickering on
JFramestartup on Windows.
- The missing
LoadListener.onFinishLoadingFrame()event when loading, for example, “about:blank” on Linux.
- The missing
LoadListener.onFailLoadingFrame()event when it’s expected to be fired.
- The missing
NetworkDelegate.onBeforeURLRequest()event when loading a web page.
NumberFormatExceptionerror is thrown when trying to fetch properties of the empty HTML input element.
- The JavaFX
BrowserViewcontrol is clickable when modal dialog is opened in the heavyweight rendering mode on Linux.
- Crash on attempt to log the registered Java object through the
- Crash when loading a remote debug URL in JxBrowser on Windows.
- Crash when opening, closing, and opening a popup window again on Windows.
- Crash when updating proxy configuration when at least one
Browserinstance has been created.
- Crash on subsequent load URL calls when
- Crash in Chromium renderer process when canceling file download.
StringIndexOutOfBoundsExceptionerror is thrown when calling
IllegalStateExceptionerror when calling
JSObject.setProperty()after loading a web page with different domain.
- The “failed to deserialize message” error when clicking the
BrowserViewcontrol on Windows with enabled IME.
- The missing Win64 Chromium binaries in OSGi environment.
- Crash when disposing drop down popup window on Windows.
SpellCheckerServiceis always reporting that spell checker is enabled even when it’s disabled.
Subscribe to @JxBrowserTeam on Twitter to get notified of the library updates.