- Spell Checker
We release a new version with new features, enhancements, and bug fixes at least once a month. In this guide we describe our versioning policy and principles we use when choosing the version for a new build.
JxBrowser version format is
- The MAJOR version is incremented when a significant backward-incompatible API change is made. For example, this can happen when new language features are used or the architecture of the library has been significantly changed. We prefer releasing a new major version not often than once a year;
- The MINOR version is incremented when the API has been extended with new functionality. Most of the time the changes are backward-compatible. However, a minor version might include some breaking changes. Usually it happens when we migrate to the latest Chromium build where some functionality is not available anymore or has been significantly changed. In this case we publish a corresponding migration guide (e.g. migrating from 7.7.1 to 7.8). We release a new minor update at least once a month;
- The PATCH version is incremented when some enhancements or fixes are made. The API is untouched in this case.
Early-Access Preview (EAP) Builds
Once we fix a bug or implement a new feature, we prepare and publish a new EAP build you can try before the fix or feature goes into production.
You can download a EAP build using one of the following ways:
- Directly using the following link:
https://storage.googleapis.com/cloud.teamdev.com/downloads/jxbrowser/eap/jxbrowser-VERSION-eap-cross-desktop-win_mac_linux.zip. Here you need to replace
VERSIONwith the required EAP build number (e.g.
- From the EAPs Maven repository.
To get notifications about the latest EAP builds follow @JxBrowserEAP on Twitter.